Thursday 27 September 2018

Introduction Post


About me 

Hi my name is Aisling Brennan and welcome to my blog! I am 20 years old and currently living in Raheny, Dublin 5. 

My Twitter Profile

At the moment I'm studying Creative Digital Media in the IT in Blanchardstown and I'm in my third year. I like a lot of things about the course, I love the freedom we're given to do everything our own way and I find a lot of the modules fun and interesting. I also think college has helped me realise how much growing up I still have to do. I was used to always getting by in school even when putting in no effort because you would always progress despite lack of interest (not including 6th year). College is where I've realised how much work you have to put in to really excel. I feel like last year was a big year for me and there are parts that I'm proud of and I also learnt a lot from my mistakes!

I had a great Summer this year it was the first year that I had tried hard to  save money to go on good holidays with my friends. My favourite trip I went to was to Berlin, Germany with four of my friends from school and I absolutely loved it. We went for 8 days and we spent four of those days at MELT Festival in Ferropolis which was about two hours away from Berlin. MELT is a four day music camping festival, it was so so good. I absolutely love festivals anyways and this one was definitely one of the best ones I've been to. We were surrounded by lake with lifeguards so could have a swim to cool off everyday along with really hygienic showers and toilets, the campsites were to my surprise really clean as well  they handed out bin bags to everyone who attended which helped. I got the chance to see Florence and the machine, Mura Masa, The XX and so many more artists performing throughout the whole day. By the end of the festival I was exhausted, hungover and sunburned but it was so worth it.

We spent the final four days of your holiday in Berlin City and we made friends with two Irish boys from Wicklow who had been living in Berlin for the Summer and helped us get around a lot. We all got fined 60 euro each for having the wrong train tickets, I got stuck in a moving U-ban and two of my friends lost their phones but overall it was an amazing holiday and I enjoyed every minute

 

Melt Festival, Ferropolis


No comments:

Post a Comment