Thursday 27 September 2018

Thoughts on The Growth Mindset


What I think on the Growth Mindset

I really enjoyed listening to Carol Dwek's videos. I haven't heard anything about this before this week and  I found it really interesting I felt like I could relate to a lot of the stuff that she was saying, for example about our generation constantly needing validation and approval from other people whether it be in school, work or social media and how bad they feel when they get bad results. She talks about how student's are always waiting for the next test results to validate themselves instead of having any goals or passions which I can really remember from secondary school, tests would be competitions between people and people who didn't do well felt inferior. If you got yourself in a spiral of not doing great it was harder to try and grow and people would avoid tests or avoid study in general. After listening to Carol taking about running from difficulty, I definitely think i've used a fixed mindset a lot of times in my life myself where I would avoid things that would have helped me grow and achieve because it takes time and it's hard and I could try and still fail. I really agreed with everything that Carol said and I'm glad I had the opportunity to listen to her.


The growth mindset 

No comments:

Post a Comment