Sunday 25 November 2018

First Playable

This week started of pretty shitty with unity, it crashed and everything I had created for my game already had disappeared  so I had to start from scratch again and make sure I press save every time I move the mouse. Other than that everything I've attempted so far has been working perfectly. I think I was getting a bit distracted in trying to make the terrain look good tho instead of firstly trying to make sure I could get all the rules and the actual game itself would work. So I haven't really met my target quite yet but I am happy with how it's looking so far. This week I made the terrain and track and added trees and grass and the car, I also added fences and dirt to make the starting position. and I wanted it to look like the player was leaving their own front garden. I got a bit carried away trying to find shrubs and flowers for my game. I then added a canvas, panel and text box and made the countdown box in the top right hand corner. I am also halfway through building shops and city like buildings for further on in the track when the player gets closer to the Rotunda.

Start point for player

 
The next step is add the HUD with the wife's happy meter and change the appearance of the car to be brighter. I need to try and remind myself that I can fix up little details of the terrain and overall appearance at the end and to try and push for the rules and coding to be complete before getting distracted on small details.

No comments:

Post a Comment