Thursday 15 November 2018

Unity Free tutorials

This week I started using tutorials that are aimed towards my sort of game.
I watched three of  How to make a driving and race game for free.


This tutorial started of the same as the previous ones had but I thought I could do with the recap and fresh start completely for my game so I started from scratch with a new terrain and new textures. I chose was  sore of height i'd like part of the terrain and proceeded to add dips and hills. I then painted the terrain to look more car game like than the hills in the previous tutorials had looked. 

I followed the tutorial and added in a car from the standard assets pack which I can go back and customise later. I then put the main camera under the car on the side hierarchy so that it was focused on the car and then had a go playing the game and see what camera angle I liked for my game. After playing around for a while it was obvious the camera settings weren't exactly correct. I used a C# script to align the camera up correctly to that it followed the car nicely without any glitches or anything when the car crashed.

I enjoyed these tutorials and i'm exited to get right into developing my game.


No comments:

Post a Comment