Thursday 29 November 2018

Unity Free tutorials

The Unity Tutorials I watched this week were 3 of Jimmy Vegas' 'How to build a visual city' because I wanted half of my track to look way more city like and I thought this tutorial would give me a lot of useful tips. I used these tutorials to spruce up my car race track and have it look like the player is travelling towards a hospital. In this tutorial I was shown how to create roads and paths out of 3D cube objects and and how to create shops just simply using another 3D game object. This tutorial also reminded me of how much simpler parenting the hierarchy correctly makes navigating unity. I also got a recap of scaling textures so that they don't look stretched out on different sized objects. I then also played around with different colours and changing the materials slightly for each object so that they were exactly how I wanted them.This weeks unity tutorial was mainly focused on trying to create the feel and mood for my game in the city area and I enjoyed recapping on things I had already learnt at the beginning of the semester.
Improved City Roads I worked on



No comments:

Post a Comment