Friday 12 October 2018

Unity tutorial 02

I really enjoyed the first tutorial this week and found it easy enough to follow. I liked getting to customise the different parts, just even going so far as choosing different colours or heights for the different game objects and terrain is fun and is getting me more exited to create my own game. I did find making the water sit on the terrain and look good a bit difficult and had to spend a while changing the level of the terrain and the size of the water to make it look realistic when playing. I also found it slightly difficult to get the walls to line up correctly together but using the tutorial it was easy to just pause and rewind until I understood and was able to correct it.

I found the second tutorial a bit more confusing than the first adding the curser in was simple to follow but adding in the raycast to the game took a bit longer to wrap my head around and get it completely right, the scripting was slightly confusing. It felt good when I did manage to get it working correctly but I feel like I'll probably have another recap on this tutorial before I start week 4 Unity tutorials just to make sure I fully remember how to add them as I feel like it will be very useful when designing my own game.

Overall I am really getting into Unity now when I didn't think I would and I'm enjoying the challenge of completing the tutorials so far.



Screenshot from my unity game.

No comments:

Post a Comment