Thursday 25 October 2018

Unity Tutuorial

This weeks tutorials consisted of a number of new skills in unity starting with adding text into the canvas, a display and text. We had to position the text correctly so that it wouldn't be on top on the cursor we had previously made. We also made an extra cursors and grouped them together in the hierarchy. A C# script was then made and I followed the instructions to create the action for the Gem the script that we wrote was to be able to press the e key to collect the gem and also to be able to have the cursor over the gem and for text to display. I found the c# script the hardest one yet and although I could obviously copy what he was doing it was hard to completely grasp what each exact component of the script was for.

My game screen shot 

The second tutorial we started by placing a fence into the game to add to the world, we followed the normal steps that we do dragging and dropping and adding a texture. Afterwards we added an axe for the player to have a weapon. We learnt how to create a swinging impression  of the axe. I enjoyed adding the axe and animation as it was my first time doing any sort of animation in unity. We finished off by making our first player taller to give it a more realistic look. 

In the third tutorial we learnt how to add a separate camera to different layers in the game. We rendered a camera to only pick up whats in the axes layer view. We added sound to the axe when its swinging using a C# script.

Overall I enjoyed completing these tutorials and feel like I learnt a lot but I don't think I would know how to do it all again without the tutorial so I'll need to have a look back again to try and make everything stay with me more.


No comments:

Post a Comment