Thursday 18 October 2018

Unity Tutorial 03

In this weeks Unity tutorial we learnt how to make a 3D clock and programme it to display the current time. I learnt a lot in this tutorial including a new layout, parent and child game objects and a lot more depth into the C# scripts. I found the first part of the tutorial simple and easy to follow and enjoyed designing the clock, but the programming the clock was a little more challenging. I had to re-read the instructions a couple of times to fully understand why I was typing something into the C# script but I was definitely much more confident after completing it and going over the tasks again.


Screen shot of me completing tutorial

Screen shot of me completing tutorials



Overall this tutorial was a bit of a change from the 3D world tutorials we've been doing but had similar components such as in adding in the game objects and making Materials. The main difference was just the level  of depth into the scripts and the result of the tutorial. For some reason I found it more rewarding finishing the 3D world tutorials and being able to walk around after. I still really enjoyed this tutorial and I definitely picked up a lot of new skills that I will be able to put to use in my own game.

No comments:

Post a Comment